Windows 7 libraries

Reaction score
Hi;
I am going nuts with my PHOTO LIBRARIES. I would like all my photos in one place, it makes it easier for me.
It is not letting me do this.
Can you tell me how I can make ONE photo library?
Thanks you so much.
Bev
The Bubster

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Under Libraries you should see Pictures and under that should be "My Pictures". Drag all your photos to "My Pictures" (NOT Pictures).

"Pictures" is a pointer while "My Pictures" is an actual folder, so if you drag pictures to "Pictures" what you actually do is create multiple pointers which is not what you want

If this is not the problem then please attach a screenshot so we can see what your pictures libraries look like and maybe I can better understand the problem..

Reaction score
Thank you

Hi;
I did some but I cannot open the other two. I don't know if there is anything in there or not.
Also how come when I save a picture sometimes it is the actual picture and sometimes it is just a ---- oh, I see it now. When I save something from a word document it doesn't show the picture so if I go to print that picture I am not sure it will.
I would like it to show the picture, not a word document page.
This has been a big help, I have been fighting with my computer all day with about three issues.
You guys are the best.
Bev
The Bubster
(e-mail address removed)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In windows explorer it shows items based on the file type so if your item is a Word document (even documents containing pictures) it will show a document. Only actual pictures (example: photo.jpg, house.pcx) show as images.

Reaction score
I am trying to print a picture from a canon picture program. When I go into the 'picture print' it opens up one picture file that does not have that picture in it. When I try to move the pictures it tells me it is the same or something like that and it will not let me highlight and drag anything to it. It really is driving me nuts.Well if I transferred the picture to windows and saved from there -- COMCAST DOES NOT LET YOU SAVE A FILE FOR SOME REASON. So I transfer a lot from comcast to another location to save it.It is a bummer. Thanks so much.Bev

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Bev,
Could you take some screenshots and attach them to your post. It might be easier to understand your situation if we could see it.

comcast is a cable provider so I'm guessing that is your ISP (internet service provider), correct? When you say "they" won't let you save, are you viewing email? are you in a web browser like IE or Firefox? When you see photos on the web, such as in a browser or in online mail, the pictures are downloaded to temporary folders and have strange names like a0789943.jpg which makes them hard to find plus since they are temporary they often get deleted for space. In order to "keep" such pictures you have to right-click on them and choose "save image as ..." or if it is an email attachment you might see an option to download attachment. NOTE: Sometimes websites DO try to protect their pictures and they can disable the save as option, but this is not extremely common.

Ask a Question