Windows 7 & Internet 8 & Yahoo mail security

Reaction score
Hello

I had to reconfigure my Yahoo mail du to a virus.

Now, i can access my mail, but not my options pages. Also, i need to re-enter my user name and password every 30 minutes

I tested all my yahoo mail options using it with another PC under XP, no problem at all.

So the problem reside in my pc running under Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8. Somewhere, a security device prevent me to access these pages

Any help appreciated

Martin

Reaction score
Hi mtheriault

You may need to restore IE8 to factory defaults. Sometimes after a Disk Cleanup and using CCleaner plus a few others. I have noticed some of the same issues. However returning IE8 back to default settings fixes the issue for me at least.

From IE8 open Internet Options. If you don't see a Menu Bar, press the Alt key. Internet Options will be located at the bottom of the Tools option on the Menu Bar. From Internet Options look in the Advanced Tab for Reset Button. This Reset Button will restore IE8 to default settings.

Reaction score
Hello Clifford :)

Thanks for the reply. Did the reset IE8. But it did not resolve my problem.

Quest continu

Reaction score
Hi Martin

Have you tried a restore point to an earleir date before the virus attack?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Be sure to install an antivirus program. MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials is free and gets rather high ratings.

It makes no sense at all to use the internet and not have an AV program installed and active. From what I've read, Yahoo is especially prone to attacks.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi mtheriault

Avast Home freeware > Here has a good e-mail scanner and may be of use to you.

Ask a Question