Windows 7 freezes

Reaction score
One thing I didn't see anyone try was to tell the NIC to not ever, ever go to sleep.

Go to Network & Sharing Center-->Change Adapter Settings-->rightclick Properties-->Configure--> Power Management and uncheck all boxes.

Hope it works.

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice. I've done a clean install to a seperate hard drive with all others taken out. However the last update I install kills my system. On boot it says windows 7 but won't even show the graphic starting up. Pressing the power button turns the computer off instead of haveing to hold it. I have an older Pentium 4 3.0 with 1 gig of ram. It was working great until this update though. Faster even than XP. So I guess watch out for that latest update.

Reaction score
I searched and tried almost every "solution" out there for the freezes, and the high-performance power setting did it for me. Thanks!

Reaction score
I searched and tried almost every "solution" out there for the freezes, and the high-performance power setting did it for me. Thanks!
Great! I was wondering if my wife's computer was the only one in the world that had the freeze problem that was eliminated via power settings. My friend at MS thinks I'm crazy, it seems (but HE wasn't able to fix it either). "Damn" I remember him saying...

Reaction score
My build is 7100 and i also have this problem. my laptop is an Lg p310 and i've tried about everything said here and nothing worked. Someting i can't get right is that sometimes it seems it freezes when i'm processing heavy stuff ( when i was trying the performance check for the first time and openned the start menu it went unresponsive ) and others it just seems kind of random.... for example now i turned it on and went to the bathroom while it booted, and when i came back it was frozen to the mouse at the login screen... any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I think i've found the problem in my case. the TurboMemory drivers were the problem. or at least the pc hasn't frozen so far. hope this helps

Reaction score
Windows7 Freezing

Hi, I love windows 7, but it keeps freezing (allot) sometimes less than 5 minutes after I turn it on and soetimes 1 an hour after. So does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know how to fix it? I'm probably gonna try to reinstall Windows 7, just wanted to know if anyone knew a solution to the problem before i did it.

-Sjurdur
I have had problems like this with several computers and other OS's and on more than one occasions it was the memory chips that were faulty.. memory test programs did not find the problem and only by trying different chips in desperation did I solve the problem..there are other hardware problems, HD's; Video Cards; Motherboards and the list goes on and on..best of luck:)

Reaction score
I actually found my problem. No thanks to Microsoft. After these updates, don't do the usual restart. Totally shut down your computer so that these updates actually install. I did this and have not had any problems. Why can't they just tell us to do these type of things? So frustrating. Think I'll go back to Linux.

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice. I've done a clean install to a seperate hard drive with all others taken out. However the last update I install kills my system. On boot it says windows 7 but won't even show the graphic starting up. Pressing the power button turns the computer off instead of haveing to hold it. I have an older Pentium 4 3.0 with 1 gig of ram. It was working great until this update though. Faster even than XP. So I guess watch out for that latest update.
I have a Celeron 3.2 with 1GB ram. I have not had any issues with the Restart Button. The only time I have had startup issues like this was when I setup dual booting and didnt get it right the first time around.

The computer has always turn off at the press of the power button. The only time you need to hold the button is when the computer has become non responsive.

I actually found my problem. No thanks to Microsoft. After these updates, don't do the usual restart. Totally shut down your computer so that these updates actually install. I did this and have not had any problems. Why can't they just tell us to do these type of things? So frustrating. Think I'll go back to Linux.
Thanks for posting your fix. Even though I have not experienced this problem. Others may and could possibly use this solution as a fix.

Reaction score
I have the freezing problem as well
Acer mobo
ATi 1900XT
The problem seems to be with files lxctcoms.exe / lxctjswx.exe / sdclt.exe according to the event log

Reaction score
Graphics driver update fixed my Fujitsu T2010

My Windows 7 freezing issues appear to have been fixed by a driver update to the GM965 Intel graphics in my Fujitsu T2010. I tried a lot of things, many suggested here, but that fixed it for me.

I suspect we are all seeing the same symptom, and absent any good records in the event log, are all trying to fugure out what it is.

I documented my problem and approach to some detail in this blog post:
http://www.keystonecorp.com/Blogs/T...w-technology-can-be-great-or-a-sore-spot.aspx

Hope we all figure it out!

Reaction score
I have the same Problem.. i used a Asus Striker II Extreme with a Core 9550 Extreme and Kingston Ram / And sometimes OCZ ram. My System Freeze every time the system like... now i buyed a new System.. Core i7920 with Gigabyte ex58 Extreme and Mushkin Ram. Now.. the problem is come with the Updates... First time my system runs without problems.... and now i have the freeze Problem again. Now if i test my System with Prime 95 the System will Freeze after few minutes if the CPU has 100% load. The Temp and volts and all other settings are OK! (Temp 36° C on full load).

Now i think the problem is on Windows 7

Reaction score
I have noticed a freeze more often in the 32 bit version than the 64 bit version. I had been using 64 bit since it came out and experienced my first freeze about 3 weeks ago. I have installed 32 bit and updated it and have experienced this almost everyday. I had Win Media Player open, IE8, and a few Music folders. Then after that it would freeze! My CPU temps are fine, almost at idle temps. And I have only had my comp on for about ten minutes. I also think that it could be an issue with the Cool N Quiet (like mleroux), but I have a MSI mobo.

Reaction score
I'm having the same 30-45 second freezing issue

I just turned on high performance (why did they hide it in the power options?) and I'll report if that does the trick

Reaction score
read this 1 ur problem might be fixed

i installed windows 7 on computer, after i login about 10 min it freezes

heres how to fix it
downlaod Driver Genius Professional and scan for out dated drivers
then update them
i had display drivers out of date and others ones when i updated them i didnt notice any freezing

if u dont hav internet to update them just downlaod ATI Drivers

Reaction score
i installed windows 7 on computer, after i login about 10 min it freezes

heres how to fix it
downlaod Driver Genius Professional and scan for out dated drivers
then update them
i had display drivers out of date and others ones when i updated them i didnt notice any freezing

if u dont hav internet to update them just downlaod ATI Drivers
didnt work =(, although i was surprised i had so many drivers to install 24 new ones...

also tried doing the high performance power setting, didnt work either...

currently have windows 7 professional retail version installed...so its not even beta.
hardware:
EVGA GTX 275 896MB AND nvidia gt 7600GT
EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7 2.66 GHz Processor
Western Digital WD5000AADS Caviar Green Hard Drive - 500GB, SATA-3G, 32MB, Intellipower
Corsair 3x2gb ddr3 ram recommeneded for i7

any help would be much appreciated.

odd thing is, when i had the RC installed it seemed to work decently well, the lags and freezes would take longer to happen...

now w/ the retail it is a lot faster, possibly 30 secs to 10 mins...
it actually seems like the more i click the faster it freezes =/ shrugs.

Maybe i need to update my bios for mobo...
anyone?

Reaction score
read this

maybe because of ur memory ram u need a lot for win7
or ur graphics card
check ur computer properties if graphics detected

Reaction score
try installing drivercure or driver robot and update them drivers
drivercure finds more drivers then Driver Genius Professional

Reaction score
maybe because of ur memory ram u need a lot for win7
or ur graphics card
check ur computer properties if graphics detected
really?
how much can win 7 possibly need?
i thought 6gb would be plenty...

yes both my cards are detected...i installed latest driver from nvidia website too..
*edit* cards are...geforece 7800gtx and gtx 275...

Ask a Question