Windows 7 Defrag

Reaction score
I've only noticed this when I ran Windows 7 defrag this morning... it's so much better!

There's a % bar, and it seems to run so much faster than the Vista one. Perhaps it's because my system isn't very fragmented yes, but it does appear to be faster. Took me 10 mins to do about 60GB worth of files.

I do miss the optional image of the Windows 98 (or was it WinME) where you got blocks flying round the screen :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if it will make any difference to the performance of Defrag, but it is a little nicer to know the progress of defragmentation - I could never understand why Vista took out the progress bar!

Reaction score
I do miss the optional image of the Windows 98 (or was it WinME) where you got blocks flying round the screen :lol:
I hear that!..

It was like someone put me in a trance. Someone could have screamed my name directly behind me and I never would have heard them. I was hypnotized to the screen.

Sort of like being on acid.....that was 30 years ago:)

What got me off my habit was when I got my first computer in 1995. I was amazed at the possibilities and began experimenting immediately.

Contrary to what some people say, computer users are not mindless idiots.

I've been fortunate enough to work in IT for two great companies and now I'm a Computer Forensic Consultant, semi-retired at the age of 52.

Ask a Question