SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All I did was download it from the Rapidshare link which, for some reason, does work for me and then I uploaded it to a different file store. This is the same thing Ian did early on when this thread began. The problem is that the files that Ian and I uploaded are only valid for about 60 days and then they are deleted automatically for lack of use.

So new persons finding this thread, please try this Rapidshare link first, and if for some reason it won't work to your country or whatever then you can also try Elmer's mediafire link or try this uploading.com link and if that has expired then please post here specifically "I tried all the links in this thread but they do not work for me, could you please upload the file again".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's another website that offers drivers for the Epson Perfection 1650 scanner. It's for Windows 7 64-bit. I think it costs around $39.00 (USA).

**link to paid product removed by moderator**

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Ken, people should not have to pay for drivers.

And for $39 they can buy a new cheap printer/scanner!

As a new member please don't advertise pay sites as we don't know you well enough to tell if you are spamming for the company. Also the latest post here was 5 weeks ago, if they didn't get it by now then I'm sure they gave up.

Reaction score
This is a pretty stale thread, I hope someone is still out there watching. I downloaded the driver, unzipped, installed. I can get the scanner to work with basic functions only. The scanner is set up to scan slides and negatives (which is exactly what I was working on) but the interface that I'm provided with the driver I downloaded doesn't appear to have any way to indicate to the scanner that you are scanning a transparency and it needs to turn on the back light. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Ian, Thank You!

Found this forum and the questions and solutions about the Epson 1650 Perfection driver for Windows 7 64-bit via Google. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, followed the other directions on installing the drivers, and it worked on the first go-round.

Thanks to Ian for posting the solution and to the individual who modified/created the 64-bit driver in the first place. The two of you did me (and the others here) a big, big favor.

Reaction score
Help
I have a perfectly good Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner but cannot get it to work on W7 64bit as I cannot find a driver. Can anyone help please

Cheers
Bigdave
I have the same problem, do you havae a solution?
Grey Lady

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Carol, you need to download the 1650 driver (click the download button in the middle of the page). Install that driver and it should give you basic functionality but according to threepinhed it does not provide for slides or negatives.

Reaction score
I found this thread to be very helpful. Thank you. I've created a video explaining how to install the driver. [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]roOV8IfIj_g[/MEDIA]"]Epson Perfection 1650 - Windows 7 64-Bit Driver Fix - YouTube[/ame] I hope this helps someone who's unfamiliar with reinstalling drivers through the device manager.

Reaction score
Carol, you need to download the 1650 driver (click the download button in the middle of the page). Install that driver and it should give you basic functionality but according to threepinhed it does not provide for slides or negatives.
I'm in the same boat, the link in thread appears to be dead, I tried the video and found a driver that has a .rar extension. Having trouble going that route.... TrainableMan can you step me through this or do you have a good link? Appreciate the help.
Thanks,

Chuck

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are numerous freeware utilities that can decompress .RAR files including 7-zip, IZArc, and PeaZip. Links to these utilities are available in our Freeware DB.

Reaction score
Peazip was easier then 7zip for me seems I always struggle with the compressed files, thanks for the point in the right direction. I got it working !!!

Chuck

Reaction score
As I'm changing from Windows XP tot Windows 7 on a new PC, I already dowloaded the mentioned driver for Epson 1650 Scanner.
The driver and the scanner setup to use the Epson smartpanel are they two different setups I need to do and if so, in what order should I execute them.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ian, having the same problem with my Epson 1650 Scanner. Downloaded the .rar driver and it will not Install. Will keep trying after reading some of the posts here. Hope that I have the appropriate file.

Reaction score
Ian: If the Epson 1650 64 bit driver DOES install, will it show up in the Device Manager under "Other" which does not now exist? Please reply. Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Once you download the rar file, it must be expanded (rar files are compressed files similar to zip files). Once you expand the folder you will find a Setup.exe file. Run that and it should install the drivers. Once installed, simply try to print something.

I do not have this particular printer but my printer does not show up under other in device manager, it has it's own category.

Reaction score
I have followed the directions in your post regarding this situation. Driver still has not installed. Downloaded and paid for VueScan and it reports "Scanner Not Found". Do I just keep trying the directions in your post or there another way to load the Epson 1650 Scanner 64 bit driver? Thanks ahead of time for your efforts.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What do you mean "paid for"? There is no charge to download the driver listed above, so that concerns me a bit.

It's possible your scanner is not hooked up properly or is damaged or it could be that you are missing other drivers that allow the computer to even detect the port your scanner is plugged into.

Open control panel > device manager and look for unknown connections. If a device is there then open it and try the update driver option. Do not let it scan the internet for a driver but instead browse for the driver and point to the es27.inf file in the EPSON PERFECTION 1650 VISTA x64 DRIVER folder you extracted. If the unknown device IS the scanner then that should load the driver.

Reaction score
Paid for VueScan. USB cable connected to the wrong computer. Xferred same to appropriate computer and VueScan works as advertized. Now, I can I load Paperport Version 8 (32bit app) and get it to work properly? Love Paperport V8.X! It did everything and then some. Went to Device Manager and Epson 1650 shows up as Scanning Device. Fellow that did VueScan really knows what he is doing. Thanks for all the help. May be back with you later.

Ask a Question