SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a new user of Windows 7 (64-bit) and also new to this forum and I just wanted to thank Ian as well because until I found this thread I was pulling my hair out trying to get my Epson Perfection 1650 scanner to work. The driver also worked for me. Thank you Ian!

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ellen. Don't hesitate to come back for any other issues you might have, someone will solve your problem or point you in the right direction. We are open 24/7/365 :)

Reaction score
You're an absolute *star*

Thanks Ian. Just googled 'epson perfection 64 bit driver', found your forum post and hey presto! One working scanner. If I could hug you I would. Many thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian! This allowed me to get my scanner working again. Still looking through all of my software for Smart Panel so I can finish up some slides I was scanning.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, another satisfied customer with my Epson 1650 scanner now working on Windows7 64bit. But shame on Epson for not resolving this problems for their customers.

Reaction score
no luck

Hello everybody, this is my fist post.

I have the 1650 and win7 64 bits, I tried installing the driver by all the ways but none worked. I downloaded the file from the two different servers, unziped it in the C: drive, or in the Downloads folder but windows found no driver for the scanner in none of the directions I tried... impossible to install it. I tried to run the executable, I had no error message, but the sacanner didn´t work. I don't know what else can I do. Any idea plase?
Reading other forums, somebody wrote that other driver didn't work to everybody because of the windows' region. I don`t know if it has any sense but, for those of you that suceed on installing it, which region have you? (mine is Spain)
Thanks to everybody

Reaction score
1650 scanner driver fo W7 64 bit

I had a problem, I looked for a solution, I found the link on this forum, it wotked! Thank you very much for your help

Reaction score
Hi dsternberg - Welcome to w7forums

The downloaded file is a compression file containing all the files needed to install your printer to a Windows Vista 64-Bit operating system. The files have been verified to work with Windows 7. However the download is not a self-extracting file. This means you will need to open the RAR file and extract all the folders/files manually. This may require an additional application to open the RAR. Once finished you will then need to navigate and find the main launcher file (usually setup.exe) to start the printer setup.

Reaction score
Thank you, Clifford

Dear Clifford,

Thank you. I downloaded a 45 day free trial of WinZip, and managed to unzip it, went to the setup file, and I now have a scanner working very nicely in my Window 7 64 bit computer.

I will come to this forum again if I get stuck with a Win 7 issue. I never seemed to have these kinds of problems with XP!

Daniel

Reaction score
Can anyone help with HP5P Laserjet drivers for Windows 7 64 bit?

I have an hp5p Laserjet printer, which hp discontinued providing drivers for. Can anyone tell me where I can get a driver for this printer for Windows 7 64 bit?

Thank you,
Daniel

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I will come to this forum again if I get stuck with a Win 7 issue. I never seemed to have these kinds of problems with XP!
XP and Windows 7 are two entirely different operating systems, different kernals, etc.

Also HP only supported that printer through the Vista Operating system in 64-bit. Here's what they say about the drivers:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=lj-44462-1
That is a very old printer you have there. Perhaps it's time to update to a newer printer. I mean HP is showing drivers dating way back to MS-DOS and Windows 3.0

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since that IS a 64-bit driver Nibs found, it may very well work in W7-64. It's definitely worth trying.

Reaction score
you need to wait till they have the 64-bit driver or buy a new scanner.

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You don't install from within winzip.

Open the file with winzip and you will see "EPSON PERFECTION 1650 VISTA x64 DRIVER". Drag this folder to your desktop and let go on an empty space; winzip will expand the folder structure. Now first scan the folder on your desktop for viruses and if clean then click on the folder on the desktop to open it. From there run setup.

Once it's installed and you are sure it works then you can delete the folder and all its' contents from the desktop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Epson perfection 1650 x64

I have the same problem with my scanner. I tried to use the down load provided in the response but it would not work. Are there any other places to get this driver?

Ask a Question