SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The link still works for me - sometimes add blockers may cause problems. Try running your browser in safe mode (Firefox terminology) or with "no addons" (IE terminology). Then use the uploading link and choose the free download option. Then it makes you wait a minute but it should work after that.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the help with the driver. I installed it and I can now scan, however, my EPSON smart panel does not seem to work anymore as it does not recognize that the driver has been installed (even after I updated it in device manager). Any advice? I like the photocopying, scan to email, OCR, etc. of the smart panel as opposed to just having the option to scan documents.

Thanks so much for your help!

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with no driver for my Epson 1650. I saw the post about Uploading.com and went their. The message I got was it had been remover.

Ian Do you still have that driver and could you upload it again?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and am having the same problem as meperkins re a win7-64bit driver for my Epson 1650 Photo Scanner. I also went to uploading.com and was told the file had been removed.

Ian if you still have the driver could you upload it again. Many thanks.

Reaction score
Many many thanks for your post last month re the x64 W7 scanner driver link originally posted by Ian. I've been away and have just got it working. All is well and my scanner is fully back in business.

Very grateful,
Francis C.

Reaction score
Epson's 32 bit Windows 7 driver works

Hi - I downloaded the Windows 7 32 bit driver and installed it on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit machine and it works perfectly fine. The only "drawback" is the Windows native scanning software - which is adequate (especially for me) but not the Epson original software that has the bells and whistles.

Alternatively, you could download the Windows XP emulator that Microsoft gives out for free (you have to download it) and run the Scanner from within that. Of course, that will not work too well if you have less than 4 GB of RAM.

(And yes... I did try the Vista 64-bit driver kindly posted above - but it did not install for me)

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Alternatively, you could download the Windows XP emulator that Microsoft gives out for free (you have to download it) and run the Scanner from within that.
Just FYI, Microsoft's Free Virtual PC - XP mode currently will only install & activate on W7 Professional or higher editions, not Home Premium or below.

Reaction score
Drivermax

Hi all,

I have found 'Drivermax' an extremely useful tool, I have the paid for version and it has saved my bacon once or twice. take a look and see what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have found 'Drivermax' an extremely useful tool, I have the paid for version and it has saved my bacon once or twice. take a look and see what you think.
None of these device finders is perfect and they can get out-of-date with the very next release of a driver because they must also be updated. The truth is even Windows update can suggest the wrong drivers because detecting what is installed on your computer is not always easy.

I used the free version of DeviceDoctor and I had 3 successful updates, I had 1 that wouldn't even download and then I had an update that totally messed up my system and it took me over an hour to recover in safe mode. When using any of these "driver finders" it is a good idea to install only one at a time, creating a restore point before each one and rebooting after each. And thoroughly check the reputation of the product first, as downloading software is an easy way to introduce evil malware to your computer. A complete system back-up to an external drive before even starting is always a good idea.

P.S. neilv, Welcome to w7forums. I will assume you are simply offering your personal experience but please avoid too much posting of paid software. We get a lot of AD SPAMMERS that we have to ban

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you trainableman.
You are correct I was offering a personal view based on my experiences.

I agree with your instructions and would always advocate care when installing drivers.

P.S. thanks for your welcome to the forums the username is Neil V not Neily.

Reaction score
1650 driver

Gents - I too need a Win7 64 driver for my 1650 and was excited to see the download links, but neither of them worked. Is there somewhere else to get this driver now? Thanks.

Reaction score
Epson Perfection 1650 driver for Win 7 64bit

I have same issue as Bigdave on the same subject, and tried to follow the steps, but when I get to Rapidshare web site, I cannot download even though the heading says "Download: EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar ". Sounds like I must know the exact link to download the file. Could you give me the link to download the driver? Or am I doing something wrong?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This Rapidshare LINK does still work for me. Please make sure you are clicking the right place to download (see example below). Also note there is a delay to free users and ad blockers/script blockers can prevent this from working, in which case it will not get to the point you can download. If you cannot get it to work, try opening the version of your browser with no add-ons.
ClickHere.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This LINK DOES STILL WORK. Please make sure you are clicking the right place to download (see example below). Also note there is a delay to free users and ad blockers/script blockers can prevent this from working, in which case it will not get to the point you can download. If you cannot get it to work, try opening the version of your browser with no add-ons.
View attachment 3194
Thank you for your help. However, when I click your "LINK", I don't get the screen you show me as example. Instead, I get "Welcome to Rapidshare" screen with big yellow "Upload File" icon. Also, there is an pop up error screen with message saying "File Not Found-404". I can't get to your example page even after I sign on to the "free" rapidshare account, then try the link.

Reaction score
THANK YOU TrainableMan, the link you included in the email did work. But the link in this forum did not. I tried about 10 times. Other visitors to the same forum page also seemed to have the same problem. So, other visitors should ask TrainableMan. He can help you!

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Just to throw my tuppence in the mix.

Downloaded the file from Rapidshare without a problem yesterday, for a friend and it worked a treat. Thanks Ian!! Made me look like a computer genius and earnt me two free pints in t'local!

To make sure I don't "lose" the driver (I like being a genius and the pay rate!) I've uploaded it to my MediaFire account.

Ian, maybe amalgamate all download locations to one post?

Ask a Question