SOLVED Windows 64 bit .net framework 4 error

Reaction score
Hello
I have been using Windows 7 32 bit all along until i bought an i5 computer with 4 gig RAM.
After installing Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, i tried to instal 3ds max and it gave an error stating .net framework 4 was needed for it to work. It had its own version which it offered as an option to instal and i did instal it but after a restart i get the same problem (3ds max telling me i need to install .netframework 4.)

I even went and downloaded a web installer and ran it, restarted and fail. Same problem. I got a full version (after i unistalled the previous and cleaned with the .net removal tool) but still same problem.

A friend of mine has a Nvidia Windows 7 (Rockers Team) and has no problems, i could use that and just buy the licence but it looks horrible and he says he cant revert it to original look as it has been modded.
What can i do to solve any one of these problems?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

First, I strongly recommend you stay away from anything provided by the "Rockers Team". It is highly modded, full of nothing but eye-candy and probably illegal too. I had some experience at another Windows 7 website (before they lost the server) as a moderator dealing with some of those "folks". Arrogant and a 'us vs them' mentality. Anything from Rockers Team is... well... never mind.

Have you contacted 3DS Max Tech support for any help they may give you? Did you do all the updates available for .NET Framework 4?

Reaction score
Yep, the problem is not 3ds max but Windows and their dot net framework error. I encountered the same error installing games, to install direct x required for them to work they needed .net framework 4. Apparently all i had to do was upgrade to service pack 1 for Windows and i had to find out after doing hundreds of updates some which were utterly useless, even the ones for .net framework.

I still love windows though.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad you worked it out.

I have had numerous issues with updates to .NET hanging the computers I support. For some reason those updates really seem to prefer being installed one at a time. Not exactly the same situation as you but I do understand the frustration of .NET and numerous updates.

Glad you got it worked out. I will mark this as solved.

Ask a Question