Window 7 Freeze HELP PLEASE!!!!

Reaction score
hello all,
I just recently put my computer together, and it would randomly freezes... im not sure if it is hardware or window 7, but when it would freeze fairly frequent. at least everyday. i dont know if its overheating hardware or window 7 please help, or if the psu is not giving enough power. here are my specs

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
GELID Solutions Slim Silence AM2 65mm Ball CPU Cooler
ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor Model HDX945WFGIBOX
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra Video Card - 768MB DDR3, SLI Ready, PCI Express, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card
OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz Intel Extreme Edition XMP Ready Series 6GB Triple Channel Kits Optimized for X58

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Apham :)

Does it freeze permenantly and require a hard reset to get start working again? Also, is this the RTM version of Windows 7?

Reaction score
sorry im really newbie, whats rtm? and how do i figure that out? my friend just gave me a disk. yes it would freeze completely, and i would need to restart using the restart button on the tower, since last night until now it froze about 5 -10 times already.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
RTM means release to manufacturing, which is the build that will be available to buy in 9 days time. As you got a copy from a friend, this sounds like it's the RC1 build which you were able to download from the net (this is a pre-release version which is used for final bug testing). The RC will expire on March 1st 2010. It could be that there is an unpatched bug in this version which is causing the problem. If you are going to be upgrading to the full version of Windows 7 when it comes out next week, then I would just hold on a few more days. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of would be to check all your drivers are up to date. Freezing can be caused by anything... from hardware problems to bad drivers.

Reaction score
it hasnt froze yet. im happy. for now ill update you guys if anything comes up

Ask a Question