Win7 Ultimate Freeze when left alone

Reaction score
hi, i have a weird problem, so far i installed and again removed my win for this issue.
the title is self explanatory.
if i word with my laptop all day long it, it will work smoothly without any problem,
but if i left it for about 10 or 12 minute, it freezes. my mouse move but do nothing.
after about 4 minute moving the mouse, it will unfreez and do all the thing you have requested with your mouse in this 4min.
it started to freeze when i switched from XP to 7.
although i changed all my Antivirus and firewall versions, because they didnt worked in 7 correctly.

i hope i could explain what happens.
here is my hardwares and softwares.

Dell inspiron 6400
win 7 ultimate
2.5GB ram
256MB radeon ATI
intel 2.0GHZ core 2 dou
-------
kaspersky 2011 antivirus
zone alarm pro 9.1.008.000

any help would be greatly appreciated, so far i re installed my win about 11 times but nothing changes.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I didn't read the question well enough so what was here was totally useless but since it took me about 30 minutes to type all my thoughts I'm going to save it and use it next time it is relevant.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well my friend first of all i like to say thanks for your reply. but it seems i couldnt make my mean clear.

i HAVE my desktop, my monitor goes to off state after 3min and when i move my mouse my monitor turns on.
desktop is there and every thing looks ok. but if i click on anything or move anything nothing happens, thats the problem. another thing to mention again is after about 10 or 12 min it turn back to normal state and every thing you have done during this 10min will operate. for example if you clicked on a minimize button or move anything, all of them will be done in a second :)

although im looking for bios update now.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Alright, none of that stuff I told you applies to this then, sorry.

Have you tried this w/o the kaspersky and zone alarm enabled? As it seems something is obviously maxing out your processing and you have to wait till it catches up. I would also see if there are any other services you can do without. You can use MSCONFIG to disable some things and try it out.

Here is a list of Services and a brief description so you can decide what to try turning off. (I make no recommendations for clicking on any of the links from this page - Specifically Speed Up your system junk can be dangerous) ...
http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/2009/07/07/10-simple-ways-to-speed-up-windows-7/3/

Reaction score
again thanks for reply

i will test them one by one and report here.

regards

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would probably go the other direction, disabling everything you possibly can, see if it acts up, then slowly start turning them back on.

Ask a Question