Win7(64)"Startup Repair"..Unable to start!

Reaction score
Win7(64)"Startup Repair"...Unable to start!

Windows 7 64 Pro
8GB DDR2
Intel Q6600 Quad 2.4 GHz
MSI - MS-7345 Platinum MoBo
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Total available graphics memory - 4095MB
Dedicated graphics memory - 512MB
Shared system memory - 3583MB
DirectX 10
*Pinnacle studio 15 HD Ultimate

After using Win7 a for about six months, this is the first time I've experienced this problem.
After turning on the computer, I get this "STARTUP REPAIR" ....COMPUTER WAS UNABLE TO START,..ATTEMPTING REPAIRS, so this ran for about 35 minutes and I was curious if I tried to cancel, it told me YOU CAN NOT CANCEL THIS OPERATION", so I did a hot boot, then restarted it, and I chose "Start Windows with Command Prompt", it opened in SAFE MODE, and a DOS BLACK screen opened up and the line, "Administrator:cmd.exe", along with the blinking, C:\Windows\System32>_. So I hit Control, Alt and delete, then chose RESTART, which it then started in Windows, but another line read, "WINDOWS HAS RECOVERED FROM AN UNEXPECTED SHUT DOWN".

Does anyone know what can cause this, and know what I can do to prevent this from happening again? Should I do a system restore? Could it be some paging files issues, or entirely the O.S.?

I have been doing quite a few of these restores, because my Pinnacle Studio 15 video editing program keeps freezing up, and by going back a few days, it allows me to use the program again, but by restoring more than five times in less than three days, this might put some stress on the O.S....or maybe not. Thank you for any help!

Reaction score
After doing a quick search on Pinnacle Studio 15, there seems to be a real problem mainly dealing with the audio. Most of these deal with upgrades from previous software versions rather than a clean install of the new software. Try a complete un-install and then reboot and then re-install of the new software.

Reaction score
bass,
Thanks for the reply. This was a clean install, or rather I had previous version of STUDIO 14, on this computer that had issues,so I ran the REGDELETE_14, and REVO uninstaller and downloaded the trial 15 Studio version, then bought the license key, and this worked pretty good until recently. But I never had any audio problems and was hoping this had nothing to do with the STUDIO program, and is completely an O.S. problem. So you think Pinnacle is causing these problems?

So after this started running OK, Suddenly I get another blue screen with the words," PAGE FAULT...I really do not feel like formatting my HD and doing all the software,hardware installs again.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Now things are getting crazier...
For no apparent reason, right in the middle of something my screen went BLUE with white type. A few of these blue screens I noticed at the top left hand corner.."_Pool_Header_ " Shut down to prevent damage to the computer, then i went round and round, and after more like "fbwf.sys," and "Page_Fault_in_NonPaged_Area", and "QL_NOT_less_or_Equal."

Could this mean my Win7 OS is ready to crash?
It kept taking me back to Start Windows normally or Command support,but kept taking me back to that blue screen. Not the blue screen of death, but a blue screen with prompts, that don't seem to work. I have NOT done any hardware or software changes that would cause this to happen.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Now things are getting crazier...
For no apparent reason, right in the middle of something my screen went BLUE with white type. A few of these blue screens I noticed at the top left hand corner.."_Pool_Header_ " Shut down to prevent damage to the computer, then i went round and round, and after more like "fbwf.sys," and "Page_Fault_in_NonPaged_Area", and "QL_NOT_less_or_Equal."

Could this mean my Win7 OS is ready to crash?
It kept taking me back to Start Windows normally or Command support,but kept taking me back to that blue screen. Not the blue screen of death, but a blue screen with prompts, that don't seem to work. I have NOT done any hardware or software changes that would cause this to happen.
That is actually a BSOD unfortunately.

I have NOT done any hardware or software changes that would cause this to happen.
BSOD's don't just occur from hardware or software changes.

If you require help with a BSOD you should do the following...
1. Locate your Minidumps folder:
  • This is usually placed in %SystemRoot%\Minidump\ (commonly C:\Windows\Minidump). Navigate to that location and copy all of the files over into a folder on your desktop and preferrably compress them into an archive before uploading to a file host.
2. Provide your crash dumps in the next post with the download link to the .dmp files
  • I will review/debug the crash dump to more accurately verify the cause of this BSOD.
  • Note: Further instructions will be given after I have reviewed the crash dump, be patient, and don't do ANYTHING while i'm in the review process as solving BSOD's requires patience, and a logical order of operations. If you do anything that I have not asked you to do, you are only puting your own system at risk, because now you're just on your own doing trial and error.

Ask a Question