SOLVED Win 7 Stops At Completing Installation

Reaction score
The installation process gets all the way to the completing installation section. During the process it restarts once. Then, it's as if a bomb goes off. Everything dies instantly. Everything turns off. When it comes back on it goes to the popular Starting Services then the error that Windows needs to restart in order to continue installing, so I press ok and then goes back to starting services and the same error message over and over. This is the fifth time I am installing. All from an iso, via msdn. I have two different copies of the iso and they were each copied from 2 different drives. Oh and I am doing a full install, this is a custom build. The previous installs did make the 100mb partition. Any ideas?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Check out this guide here.

It should help you out. Good Luck and let us know how it worked out.

Reaction score
Check out this guide here.

It should help you out. Good Luck and let us know how it worked out.
No joy here. The problem occurs in the guide at Part 2 step 6. I'm going to try installing Vista then upgrading to 7. If this does not work then I will try putting a different optical drive in. One thing I saw though is that when it stopped, the monitor lost power too, almost like it was a power outtage in my room. So I hooked everything up to different outlets, no luck here either.

Reaction score
Problem solved. I highly recommend getting a sticky for a list of GPUs that will work during installation. My 4870x2 didn't work. However, swapping to my old 8500gt allowed it to work just fine.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Glad you solved the issue. You probably could have left one of the 4870's in and it would have installed, or maybe you did and it still didn't.

Ask a Question