win 7 re installation

Reaction score
Hello guys

I have win 7 & wants to reinstall OS every 6-7 months to keep things fresh but my copy is from 2007 so I have to download so many windows/security updates is their any way to avoid this downloads while reinstalling? like create a backup, iso or some thing else!

thanks
Aadi

Reaction score
Short answer : No.

ISO does not include windows updates. They are not part of an ISO file.
There is no choice but to re-install all those updates after re-install of the OS.

Sorry for the disappointment.

Reaction score
Adding......
If you download a Win 7 SP1 ISO and use it to reinstall, you will at least avoid re-installing all those pre-SP1 windows Updates.
Other than that, you will still have truckloads od Windows Updates to install.

yky

Reaction score
Please search and download "windows portable update". It stores updates (KBxxxxxxxx) in a folder called "Cache". You back it up before re-installing Windows and run Windows Portable Update, after re-installing Windows, to install updates from the backup.

Reaction score
Get a copy of Nortons Ghost (may find one on ebay) or Acronis True image program then you can use this type of program to image the hdd with all its contents..including updates

then when you have to reimage the hdd you only have to install updates from the last image you make.

Ask a Question