SOLVED Win 7 Installation

Reaction score
Hello,

I read the article and the responses to the Win 7 (64bit vs 32bit) and I have a couple of questions. I have Vista Home Basic on my 32 bit machine. I was told that:

1) I could not upgrade to anything but Home Basic and
2) Any attempt to move to 64bit from a 32bit OS couldn't be done. I would have to format the partition and then I would have to do a full install the 64bit OS.

Is the above information correct?

oneoleguy

Reaction score
My Windows 7 installation failed with no warnings. Windows Vista runs as usual. When I try the upgrade install again i receive the following error code: 0x80070005. I have an HP laptop model dv7-1183cl which has two hard drives built into it.
I ran the install overnight. In the morning, I was faced with a blank screen except for two choices, which siad something like
0: Emulation set
1: Emulation set

Choose one:

I assume this was my choice to select which drive to boot from. I guessed drive 1 and this failed to reboot. So the second time I selected 0 and that brought me back to normal Vista operations (pre-upgrade).

Reaction score
Hi RickO - Welcome to w7forums

Your problem is one I have not encountered before. Perhaps one of the other members can help you. If I find something I will report back.

Reaction score
Thank you Clifford, that was exactly what I needed.

You can mark this thread as solved.

Again, thanks!

Ask a Question