SOLVED Why cant I delete this program.

Reaction score
The program Corel digital studio 2010. Does not work reliably in 7 so I want to remove it.
The prgram itself does not have an 'uninstall' feature and control panel > programs and features > uninstall tells me cannot complete.

So I want to my 'c' drive and tried to remove it directly that way, I've run as adminstrator, tried "take ownership" and even went into the advanced settings to give 'full control' to the files but it still keeps tell me I require permission from xxxxxx (my username).

Never had this problem before and I'm stumped. So need some help please.

Reaction score
Thanks I'll give that a go. I found a workaround in the meantime by using a forgotton program I had from Glary ultilities which deleted the file and cleaned up but that was overkill.

Edit. Every time I try to download it from either CNET or Filehippo my antivirus gives me a warning. Did you get that?

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No such problem at my end.

Reaction score
Yeah weird. I'm hoping my virus scanner was just being over protective. As no matter if I tried CNET, Filehippo or Softpedia I got the same warning. However with heart in mouth I told it to ignore and continue and it seems to have installed ok.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
What Unlocker? That'll be because it now offers a couple of toolbars as add-ons. You don't want those, just the prog. But if it helps Cedric continue developing his excellent program, then I can cope with un-ticking two boxes during install.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
A better alternative if Unlocker doesn't work for you would be FileASSASIN which forces a deletion. Otherwise, not recommended on my part for you would be Avenger, which is a very very powerful program, and it shouldn't be used at all unless you know what you're doing or you handle it with extreme care.

Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded FileAssasin also... Unlocker did remove that program (still don't know why I could not) but it took a while to complete the process.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unlocker will tell you what application(s) has a locking handle on the object and it will move the item or delete it (whichever you are trying to do but can't) and if it cannot break the locking handle then it will offer to schedule it for next boot. It is a very powerful and useful tool and I have used it for years (even before W7). I highly recommend it.

Ask a Question