best source for drivers

Reaction score
Opinion seems divided on whether to rely on Windows Updates to supply drivers (checking device manager to ensure no warnings are flagged), using the original MoBo DVD, or downloading the latest from the manufacturers' web sites.
I have a Gigabyte MoBo and Nvidia gtx670 card. Has anyone any thoughts on the best source - and any pitfalls to avoid?

Reaction score
Opinion seems divided on whether to rely on Windows Updates to supply drivers (checking device manager to ensure no warnings are flagged), using the original MoBo DVD, or downloading the latest from the manufacturers' web sites.
I have a Gigabyte MoBo and Nvidia gtx670 card. Has anyone any thoughts on the best source - and any pitfalls to avoid?

manufacturers' web sites Gigabyte. Always use manufacturers drivers first!!!
I hope this HELPS... Good Luck!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's simple really ...
the DVD would be the absolute oldest version so you might use it long enough to get a computer going but once you have internet connection you should look for updates

the updates from Microsoft would normally be the second oldest because a manufacturer may send its' updates to Microsoft but it is often weeks after their release that they finally hit via Windows Updates

The original parts manufacturer's website is the latest and best source for driver updates without question. Please note this often does not include PC distributors like Dell or HP which may take months to release updates from the various actual parts suppliers ... if possible go to parts source such as Realtek or NVidia, etc.

Ask a Question