which Browser fast?

Reaction score
Can any one suggest me which browser is fast if we use 2007 windows. recently i buy computer don't know about 2007 window. Guide me how i choose browser that help me run fast in my laptop.

Reaction score
Browser selection depends on the user. It's difficult to suggest a browser when every user has different likes and dislikes.

I have used IE, Firefox, and currently using Opera without any noticeable speed issues. Many users have Chrome as their default browser but I can't bring myself to use Google's browser.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Opera is fast because it loads elements in sequential order as a list of instructions, which discourages freezing or becoming unresponsive for fractions of a second which added up slows down the overall load time. Google is fast because it loads each tab, treating it like a new process. Firefox versions above 7 have been known to be faster than all of it's pre-versions because of just better coding and multi-threading. Google takes advantage of a unique version of multi-threading. And with IE which seems to be fast for me using IE9, i'm not so sure.

If a browser combined that of what Google does by loading each page into a new process, and having each element on the page loaded separately like Opera does, and functions were executed on numerous threads inside each process which would be available for every tab though. Then you'd have a real ultimate version of a web browser currently unknown to man.

There's positives to each browser out there. Having known background knowledge in programming for various languages I can understand somewhat of how each works though.

I don't understand what you mean by 2007 Windows though, there's no such thing. Unless you're talking about release dates, then you don't have Windows 7 and you're currently on the wrong forum.

Vista was released somewhere around 2007, Windows 7 was released around the year 2009 I believe?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There are many sites where you can compare (benchmark) browsers. They will mostly give different figures for comparison. If you are only concerned with speed, then what you are really considering is the difference, between browsers, in fractions of a second. I have never observed this as a siginificant factor betwee the only two I use. Firefox and IE. You must also consider how much memory each uses - Chrome, for example, uses memory for each of its tabs It claims this as a plus feature, relating to speed, but the erosion of memory could have some other unwelcome effect on your computer use.
But why not do a self test.
Install, for example, the three contestants, say Chrome, IE and Firefox.
Go to this page:
http://www.numion.com/stopwatch/

and test a couple of the suggested sites on each browser. I don't think you will find the speed difference a major consideration.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Windows 7 was released to the general public in October of 2009.

Every browser has it's advantages and disadvantages. Find the one you like and stick with it. Currently I use both IE9 and Firefox, depends on what type of surfing I'm doing.

Reaction score
My Default is FF, but use MSIE 9 to download and update programs such as CC Cleaner as it gives a run feature instead having to save then run. I also at times use Commodo Dragon which is built on Chrome engine and I also use Chrome but sparingly

Ask a Question