What does X17-24394.iso bring to the Win 7 Ultimate OS

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty answering my own question via Google. What does this 2.35GB file bring to the party that I don't already have? I did try to install it and everything went well but it seriously messed with some of my much-used apps, so I'm back to just SP1 (500MB)

Thanks

John

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

X17-24394.iso is a media re-fresh.
So if you were install a new system then it would be useful, because as I understand it, it has a lot of the patches on it. Thus saving you time after the install to get the PC all patched up.

So if you already have Ultimate and all the patches install, it is of no value to you unless you plan on re-installing.

Hope this helps.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have SP1 and it is only 500MB then it is strictly the SP1 update, it is not the entire W7 OS including SP1. You could not use the SP1 update to repair or reinstall W7. You can use the W7 SP1-U to repair or reinstall W7 SP1.

Reaction score
Thanks TrainableMan. Good to have that understanding. If only the Microsoft website enjoyed the simplicity of this forum!

Ask a Question