W7 starter netbook screen resolution

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Hp 210-1080ca netbook with a 1024x600 display. Sometimes, when I want to change options in some softwares (ei: windows live messenger) the option window is higher than the screen. There is no way to click "apply" in the bottom of the options window because I cannot see it.

I didn't see where I can check the box "display not supported resolution".

It's a N450 processor with the built-in video accelerator.

If somebody has a work around to resolve this, it would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Nic

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I had/have the same problem with my netbook. Luckily for me, I had areo enabled so I could see through the taskbar and use "Tab" and "Enter" to click on buttons.
But seeing as you have Windows 7 Starter, I don't know if you have Aero.

Have you tried changing the taskbar location (Top, left, right.)? Or you could also auto-hide the taskbar.

Reaction score
Hello there,

Please check your settings in control panel under display.

thanks,

John M

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

Please check your settings in control panel under display.

thanks,

John M
Windows7Guy, this isn't a problem with the settings. I have myself exactly the same screen size, and the actual problem is that the program windows are bigger than 1024x600.

The only ways to be able to deal with it is to use Virtual desktops as Trainableman suggested or to do things like auto-hiding the taskbar as I suggested.

Ask a Question