Hi,

I'm trying to install VMWARE but I get the following message

vmworkstation.msi failed

Any ideas

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Corrupt installation file... Or a problem with the installation service in which case you can reinstall Windows Installer using a full package from microsoft.com.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
kevyb, welcome to the forum! One additional consideration that you may need to look at, is your amount of installed RAM (2GB, per your specs). 2GB is the minimum recommendation to run Win 7 64 bit. If you run ANY VM, you'll need some extra RAM to lend to the VM. Usually a minimum of 256MB for a Linux OS, 512MB for a 32 bit Windows OS, except Win 7 or Vista, you'll need 1GB to spare.

Lookup your computer's specs and see how much RAM it can hold. You're going to need at least 3GB, preferably 4GB RAM for acceptable VM performance. I speak this from experience, as I've been running VM's for over a year, both inside of Windows 7 & Linux Mint.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Reaction score
Ok, I will update my pc spec. I got it working, turn on virtualixation in the bios

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, I forgot to tell you about the BIOS. It's simple to do, different makes of computers has a F key to access it.

Like I stated, you'll need extra RAM to run it.

Cat

Ask a Question