VLC Problems in Windows 7

Reaction score
I use VLC to play basically all my video files, and ive got 0.9.9 - the latest version. Anyway lately it seems like its starting to get a little tempermental, deciding it dosent want to play anything until i kill/restart the vlc process several times over. I've also had w7 telling me that vlc didnt install properly, and I reinstalled it about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Never had this problem before. Anyone else experience this?

(also i did read the other thread on vlc, but it was a different problem and didnt appear to have any conclusion anyway...)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried to use the Compatibility Mode to install and / or run VLC? I know it works perfectly on my XP sp3 machine so I'd suggest trying to install and/or run VLC with XP sp3 Compatibility

Reaction score
Have you tried to use the Compatibility Mode to install and / or run VLC? I know it works perfectly on my XP sp3 machine so I'd suggest trying to install and/or run VLC with XP sp3 Compatibility
Shoudn't have to since it works in every previous version of windows, i.e. vista et al, but ill give it a shot.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yeah, that's usually the problem with "Programs+Windows 7". :lol: The answer is usually just to compatibility mode, close and reopen, restart, or reinstall. :D

Ask a Question