usb drive shows access denied

Reaction score
good evening to all
recently i have got a problem
when i insert any usb drive like pen drive of 2/4 gb wiindows shows access denied but in other pc that drive is fully ok

i can not use any pendrive in my pc now

pl help any one

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
When you insert other devices into that computer, do you get the same message? If so, then it's not the drive. That would indicate a problem with your USB port(s).

Reaction score
no only usb drive and dvd rom shows this problem and this problem is recently

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you able to access the drives in safe mode?

If it's a recent problem, you could always try using System Restore to roll back to before the problem occured.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Try Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management > are your USB drives recorded there ?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and was told that I need chipset drivers. Can anyone tell me where to get them from?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am having the same problem and was told that I need chipset drivers. Can anyone tell me where to get them from?
What type of computer do you have? What make and model is it?

Have you gone to the website of your computer's manufacturer and checked for the latest chipset drivers?

You said your DVD drive is not showing up either? Try the following fix I found on another website.

Some people upgrading to Windows 7 will not be able to see their DVD drive after the fact. There is an easy fix for this.

To get this Windows 7 issue resolved, navigate to REGEDIT, and browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\, and delete both UpperFilters and LowerFilters in the right-hand pane.

On the other hand you can reset the drive letter. Click Start, type Disk Management and choose the “Create and format hard disk partitions” link. Navigate to your optical drive and right click it. From here change the drive letter path and apply the new chosen one. Even the drive letter change can be managed form the Explorer. If you still are in vain to locate the hard drive, then reboot the system and you would be able to obtain your drive.
See if that helps you out.

Last edited:

Ask a Question