Upgraded to RoadRunner Extreme

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
We got upgraded to Time-Warner's RoadRunner Extreme connection today. Only $5.00 more per month than we had with RoadRunner Turbo.

Advertised Speeds of: 30 Mbps Download 5 Mbps Upload

Actual as tested by: www.speedtest.net

Not too far off in my opinion... we're rocking now baby! Woohoo!

Now the following is from: www.pingtest.net

Great line quality and PING results too! :cool:

Reaction score
Nibs; In a few month's after I move. I'm going to be switching from AT&T's slow dsl to Bright House for my internet. What are the price range's/speed's available for Bright House ?DSL was ok until AT&T took over BellSouth a few year's back. AT&T suck's.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
To be honest, I have never heard of Bright House internet service. I see they're a cable, phone, internet provider similar to Time-Warner and that they use RoadRunner and offer packages of 10, 20 or 40 Mbps download speeds as RoadRunner Standard, Turbo and Lightning.

Pricing will probably be similar to what I pay here in Austin which is $29.95 plus $10.00 for the Extreme adder for a total of $39.95. I think here we have what's called RoadRunner "Broadband" as the top tier and it's about $10.00 more... I think.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Here's my basic RR service for comparison.

You get what you pay for I guess. The Syracuse server is geographically close but I think I've gotten slightly better results from others in the Northeast.

What draceena said!:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nibs. As far as I know Time Warner changed to Bright House 5 or 6 year's ago. My cable used to be Time Warner. A few year's ago, it switched to Bright House. You're obviously some where in the south east U.S. I'll bet if you call and ask your cable company, they'll tell you it's Bright House now. Either way it's the same where I'm at. They get the internet through Road Runner. Once I move I'm ditching AT&T's slow dsl. It's weird how they'll give new customer's a price of $9.99 a month for the same slow service they're charging everyone else $32.95 for. That's for under 1.0 mbs.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
No, Time-Warner is still Time-Warner. Bright House is only located in a few states, about 3 or so. We're in Texas, so that's the Southwestern USA.

Bright House Networks is a cable television company, the seventh largest cable (video) operator and the sixth largest traditional multiple system operator in the United States owned by Advance/Newhouse, headquartered in Syracuse, New York. The company provides service to cities including Indianapolis, Central Florida (Orlando/Daytona Beach areas), Tampa Bay area, Lakeland, Birmingham-Hoover area, west suburban Detroit, and Bakersfield. Most of its business is concentrated in Central Florida, where Bright House is the dominant cable system in the Tampa and Orlando TV markets.

Ask a Question