SOLVED Upgrade

Reaction score
I am using 9400gt graphics card motherboard m2n mxse ram 2 gb 667 mhz and processor amd dual core
2100+.Do I need to upgrade to play new games?

Reaction score
Go get another 2 GB of RAM so you'll have 4 GB. I'd also recommend a DX11 video card. A Radeon HD 5550 or 5570 should do the trick just fine.

Are you referring to the AMD Sempron 2100+ Dual Core? If so...hmm...you may get bottlenecked by your processor. If your board supports socket AM3 processors, I'd recommend at least one of those Athlon II X2-X4 processors or maybe even at least the low-end Phenom II processors. Otherwise, looks like you're in a for a mobo upgrade as well.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. do you know anything about over clocking the cpu?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you're running the 32-bit version of Windows 7, it will only utilize a maximum of 3.25GB of the RAM. So unless you're running the 64-bit version, the extra 2GB would probably be a waste of money.

This is not an overclocking website. If you're not sure how to overclock your CPU there are several good AMD overclocking websites you can go to and get advice.

Overclocking can be complicated and tricky if you're not sure what is you're doing.

The 5700 series of Radeon cards has more stream processors than the 5500 series. With gaming, it's important to have as many stream processors as affordable.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.Will Radeon 5700 series work on the asus motherboard m2nmx se and will I be able to upgrade to phenom processor using the same mother board?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
As long as you have a PCI-E Video slot the 5700 series card will run just fine.

With the Phenom processor, you need to know what socket is on your motherboard and upgrade accordingly.

I just noticed that your motherboard does have a PCI-E video slot and it uses the AM2 socket. So as long as your get the proper CPU to fit the AM2 socket you'll be fine.

It may need a BIOS upgrade to go to the Phenom CPU. Some motherboard makers supply that upgrade, others don't. Asus doesn't even offer any updates anymore for your motherboard. They don't even offer driver downloads for it.

Ask a Question