Unidentified network

Reaction score
My wireless card has decided to stop working, it will connect to the router but can't pick up the SSID or an internet connection, hardwired connection works fine but this is not feasible long term.

i have tried setting static IP but that didn't work
Also tried all the command prompts i could find on forums for this
Have done a complete format and install
i have all available windows updates

does anyone know how i could get either my micronetsp906gk wireless card or devolo home network kit to run as they both give the same result, a hardwire will work though.

Thanks Brick

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is this a portable PC?
Are you sure you have not by mistake turned off the wireless adapter?

Portables usually have a way to turn off wireless functionality when the user is not using it. This is a security feature to keep people out while wireless connectivity is not being used.

Reaction score
what type of modem you have with your router?
do you know how old the wireless card is? some electronic parts eventually wear out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
dont know the modem type router is a talktalk n15?
the total machine isn't even a year old.

Reaction score
unable to find your talktalk n15! is it known by another name.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Regarding the Wireless Router ...
Can you find your wireless router's SSID broadcast with any other computers? Maybe it is turned off?
Does the wireless Router have MAC addressing enabled? If so you will need to add your computers MAC address to the authorized computer list (or turn off MAC addressing). Hard-wired connections are not limited by MAC addressing.

And your Desktop...
Your wired connection would be a different driver than wireless, so one could have proper drivers while the other does not.
If you go into Control Panel>Device Manager does your wireless NIC show that it has a driver loaded and is functioning properly?
IDoes your Desktops wireless NIC find any other SSIDs broadcasting from your neighbors?
Have you tried forcing a connection even if the SSID is not broadcasting?

Last edited:
Reaction score
(And your Desktop...
Your wired connection would be a different driver than wireless, so one could have proper drivers while the other does not.)
wired would be PCIe famly controller. correct.

Reaction score
Can fin the ssid fine and my belkin usb wireless stick will connect. I treally is just an issue with the wireless card.

Brick

Ask a Question