Unable to write cd/dvd

Reaction score
thanks alot guys for the info. i used the installation disk to repair it but failed so as i am newbee in all this i just re installed the windows and evrything is fine now except now i am unable to write anything on cd or dvd. while making system repair disc it shows this error 0xcoaa0007 and after searching alot and by using method given on this page http://social.answers.microsoft.com...r/thread/dfb0e52b-bf13-4928-8836-54be4c314323 i tried to clean boot but after doing all this my problem is still there and now i am getting this error 0x80004005.
i am completely clueless what i do. please help me

Reaction score
Hi junedraza

I have just re-visited all of your older post

The symptoms you are experiencing points to the DVD drive going out. I know this is not what you want to hear but it is my opinion that you need to replace the drive.

Quote from this thread - https://www.w7forums.com/dvd-rom-dont-read-dvds-most-times-t3525.html
doesnt matter i play data dvd or movie dvd it happens same thing. when i insert the disk after few seconds i can hear the sound it start reading then stop, start and stop. this only happens all the time. some times it works but most of the time it dont.
The start and stop of the drive you hear is the drive spinning up and down because the drive is having trouble reading the media. Naturally if the drive has trouble reading then the drive will have trouble writing to the media as well.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. but that issue i got solved. i found that all the cd/dvd that was not running it was mostly not the original or new. that were already played on some local cd/dvd players. when i used new dvds it worked fine. i am facing this problem (cd/dvd writing) from today only after clean re-installing the windows. before that it was writing perfectly.
please reply

Ask a Question