Vizio sees all channels but HP USB tuner doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anybody out there have an idea why my HP USB tuner can't find all the clear QAM channels when I use it in Windows Media Center on my new HP laptop using Windows 7? My new Vizio can see them fine. I've updated all drivers, etc.

If it helps the Vizio lists the channel as 708, 709, etc. and the channels the HP tuner can find are all 1008.709, 1008.707, etc. 709 on the Vizio doesn't even match up to 1008.709 in Windows Media Center.

I don't pay for cable but am using the cable from the wall to get my channels. I only get the major networks on the Vizio and have tried all the different cable settings in WMC.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you specify the model of your HP TV tuner?

It sounds like you are using the cable like an antennae to your Vizio. Did you also split it off and run it to your HP TV tuner? It sounds like you should be using broadcast settings not cable.

Reaction score
The tuner is HP part: KS523AA#ABA

I thought the same thing about using the cble as an antenna but the tv is set to "cable" not "antenna" and I am also getting a couple of fuzzy analog channels (VS, CSPAN2) that the cable company didn't block all the way.

In either case I have tried scanning channels under the digital cable, analog cable, and antenna settings. I do have the same cable line split from the wall to both the TV and the USB tuner.

I spent 2 hours on teh phone with HP and they are at a lost. I can get channels 705 and 708 but no 706 or 707.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not the person to help on this I'm afraid, I never got my nieces working either. When I try it would only scan to like channel 76. So I even bought a converter for the DishTV box to output on channel 3 like for VCR input but I still can't get any signal in WMC.

Mod Note: I'm going to have to close this thread because it sounds like you may be stealing cable, sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question