Trying to load iso with win7 usb loader

Reaction score
After my harddrive failed i tried to load win7 home premium omto a new hard drive. This i have found annoyingly frustrating. Cant get it to install from a dvd so tried from a flash drive. However when i downloaded the iso from microsoft the loader kept saying not a valiud iso. Ive downloaded the iso 3 times with the same outcome. Why cant microsoft write two apps that can run together???. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Ta

Shintaro

Reaction score
What was the app that you used to download the ISO. And what app were you using to create the bootable USB?

Reaction score
Downloaded iso with google chrome after ie deleted the first one claiming it had a virus (ie does this with every download) Used microsofts own win7 usb tool to try to create usb.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yea, I found that the MS tool doesn't work, for some reason.
This Youtube video works to prepare the USB as a Installer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
FYI: IE is not a virus scanner. What anti-virus software do you have installed? Either you added a toolbar or add-on which monitors downloads, or IE is set to trigger a scan using your A/V after any download.

Reaction score
What was the app that you used to download the ISO. And what app were you using to create the bootable USB?
That was very helpfull. Started the install from the flash drive, got so far then it asked me for a cd driver. Im confused as my cd drive seems to be no longer working and the driver i have is on a cd..Pulling my hair out..:(

Shintaro

Reaction score
What kind of CD is it? Brand & Model? Is it in a laptop or a desktop? From a manufacturer or you built the PC yourself?

Are you able to click next or something to get around the install prompt asking you for the CD driver?

Ask a Question