SOLVED Take Ownership Of Windows Files 'Tool'

Reaction score
Glass Ownership Tool;

Here is another cool way to take ownership of your system files before you edit and replace,

it also intergrates into the context menu so you can easily take ownership you just drag and drop to get ownership of whichever file or folders you wish.

It has a glass effect hence the name GLASS OWNERSHIP

for more info on this great little tool see here; http://www.intowindows.com/take-ownership-of-windows-files-with-a-simple-drag-and-drop/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't see how that would be more useful than installing the Take Ownership script and simply right-clicking in Windows Explorer but to each their own.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Exactly , Trainable. Just seems to add a little more clutter. "Take Ownershipp" + eye candy

Reaction score
Yes i agree, it is eye candy, its just a simple gadget, thats it nothing more nothing less, thats why it posted right here in customization thread, it generally for those who like gadgets/tools etc. am not saying it is any better than doing the old fashioned way, just showing a different way of being able to do things.

its not any more usful or hoplessly useless, its just a gadget, as davehc said 'eye candy' :D

if everyone takes negative attitudes towards these type of things then we all may as well scrap the windows gadgets from our OS that holds more useless gadgets that most of use :)

I just here to try and help as much as i possibly can and learn from everyone as much as i can :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
if everyone takes negative attitudes towards these type of things then we all may as well scrap the windows gadgets from our OS
I have disabled gadgets :D

I realize this was offered to inform and I don't want to discourage that or make you feel I am against you because I am not but, I believe people should think logically before installing every little thing you can find on the internet.

Here is the scenario, you are in windows explorer and you are trying to get to a file but it won't let you because you don't have the right permissions. You can right-click and select Take Ownership from the list OR you can, the first time, install a gadget which takes HD space (minimal and relatively cheap but not non-existent) plus risk your computers health that the exe does not contain a virus or install a toolbar or reset your homepage or other such annoyance they like to bundle in installation packages; then, every time, if you maximize your window or if it covers the gadget you must resize your windows explorer window so that the gadget is visible just for the convenience of left-click+hold then drag+drop over the gadget.

As I said, to each their own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah and me just disabled them all :D

the way i see it they are small free and sometimes fun to mess about with :)

Ask a Question