System got hanged while surfing

Reaction score
hi,

i have DELL14 studio laptop.recentely i bought BSNL EVDO wireless modem and i installed it in my laptop.I was able to surf with some good speed but after two days if try to download songs or if i go to "you tube" apart from gmail,yagoomail & google, the system got hanged.after this i have to restart my system and i checked whether any viruses are affetced my laptop and reinstalled modem driver and restarted many times eventhough i am not able to browse using that modem.if i do not connect net, the laptop works fine.

can anyone help me what to do at this time?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)

Does the system only hang on certain website (like YouTube)? Also, do you get any error messages or does the PC just freeze until you restart?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.....
i am not sure on particular websites and didnt get any error message but system completely freeze unitll i restarted.....

Reaction score
First of all its safe to assume your BSNL EVDO wireless modem has nothing to do with your problem. It's either your Operating System or your Browser.
I have a few questions to ask you...
1) are you able to open task manager by any chance? ( Ctrl + Shift + Esc )
2) what Internet browser are you using?
3) what security software did you use to check for viruses?
4) what format are the songs and where are you downloading them from, and does your system still freeze if you try to download songs from another location online?
5) try another youtube like site does this make a difference?
http://www.dailymotion.com/us
6) does trying a different browser remedy the situation? Try Firefox if your not already using it to see if that works.
7) If you use your other Network Interface Cards does that help? For example if you hook up to a wired network using your RJ-45 or you hook up to a WIFI network using your wireless NIC?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am facing the same issue with my Dell studio15, in Win 7 the system hangs after certain time. But when I use the same thing in ubuntu it works fine without any issues and EVDO card works fine on my friends HP laptop who is also using win 7. I think probably some dell windows drivers causing this issue.
Can anyone suggest some idea.

Last edited:

Ask a Question