SOLVED Constant system crashes

Reaction score
Hey,

I just bought a new computer (specs bellow) and installed windows 7 enterprise on it. I installed the motherboard drivers and the amd drivers for my graphics card but my system keeps freezing at random with no option other than to do a system reboot. I have also been getting the occasional bsod which I can't seem to read in time. I just installed all of the recommended software via auto updates for windows an now every time I boot my pc it gets stuck in a reboot cycle.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

System stats will be posted once I get home as I am on my phone at work.

Many thanks.
Adam

Shintaro

Reaction score
If your getting BSOD, then upload them to the forum so we can help you.

My signature has the instruction on how to do that.

Reaction score
My system will no longer turn on. It powers up for a few seconds then reboots itself. This is what happened last night after i installed all of the system updates. Cant even get a windows cd in so i can re format...

Shintaro

Reaction score
You should be able to boot off the install CD.

Are you able to do that??

Reaction score
cant even get the rom to open... going to keep trying, hopefully catch a boot sequence when it gives me just long enough...

Reaction score
it seems a lot like a power issue... but why would i be getting the issue now and not last night?

Reaction score
Might have solved the problem. The RAM i bought is quad channel where as the motherboard is only dual channel. The system seems to be working with only two sticks in. Wonder if the computer store will do a trade lol....

Shintaro

Reaction score
Well done, if there is anything that we can help you with, please let us know.

Reaction score
Thanks for trying mate and the quick responses, greatly appreciated!

Also, how do i mark this thread as solved?

Ask a Question