Surround sound speakers

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying Windows 7 Beta and have surround sound speakers (5.1). In Vista there is a Control Panel icon for Realtek where you can see and test the surround sound speakers.

The speakers are working but not as surround sound.

Also, my computer has a built-in card reader, and these drives don't show up in Windows 7.

Any help much appreciated!

Laurence

Reaction score
The Realtek High Definition Audio driver can't be installed in Windows 7, so I can't get surround sound.

I solved the problem with the card reader drives, simply by selecting "show hidden files and folders".

Reaction score
Solved the problem by downloading and saving the Realtek driver zip file, extracting all files, then from Device manually updating the driver and pointing it at the extracted files.

Afterwards choosing "Speakers" (not "Realtek Digital Output") as the default playback device.

After computer restart Windows 7 asks you whether it should run two executables from Realtek so you have to untick the box where it says Ask Every Time.

5.1 sound works.

In Control Panel there is Realtek HD Audio Manger, but the Speaker Configuration here does not work.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad that you got it working, and thanks for posting the solution here as it will no doubt help someone else :)

Ask a Question