suggestion

Reaction score
How about a tab to get to one's own profile? The area where visitors can check you out and leave messages. I cant seem to find one other than from a previous posts. Or I am just missing it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Maybe a moment to post another missing item, although noy quite the same problem.

First, I should say that the average user should know who he is and if he is logged on - no problem there. But, it is standard on sites, to have a box somewhere, indicating that you are, indeed , logged in (Say, in my case, simple "davehc")

There is no such box on this site??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe a moment to post another missing item, although noy quite the same problem.

First, I should say that the average user should no who he is and if he is logged on - no problem there. But, it is standard on sites, to have a box somewhere, indicating that you are, indeed , logged in (Say, in my case, simple "davehc")

There is no such box on this site??
Yes, I agree....would make it a lot easier.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If you're not logged in, there is a login box. If you are logged in, there isn't; instead it tells you how many private messages you have. There's also a Logout button that clues many people in.

The site has a nice and sleek design that I think would be unnecessarily interrupted by a box telling people they're already logged in.

Although, admittedly, I often ponder if I should put up a "You're alive" poster on the wall next to my bed, so that each morning as I awaken from my coma, all doubt could be instantly removed.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Ah. Not quite so simple. I have a family member, and another wanting to join, who use this site. We are all too lazy to logout. I would still find it convenient, when I open the site, to know if it is me or somone else who has left the door open. Not important, just convenient. I really do not see this as being too obtrusive or cluttering?

View attachment 822

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think a box would ruin the design, but a simple line "Hello, InsertYourNameHere" on the same line as the New Posts link and the PM links would probably work.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do about adding the username next to the log out button, that should be easy enough to do :)

Sorry for the lack of response from me, I've had the busiest ever week trying to get the new server working and today is a day off as it's my birthday :D Once the weekend is over I'll be around alot more.

Update : The username is now added to the Log Out button - I hope that helps :) If there is a better way of adding it, then please do let me know.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think it looks good now.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Thanks once more, Ian. Just what I wanted.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent :D I'm glad that's done the trick :)

Ask a Question