StartUp Repair Not Working

Reaction score
So I'm playing minecraft a few days ago it's running perfectly no lag except for the occasional server lag and then my computer completely freezes and at that point because it's happened a lot I'm just don't worry about it and went downstairs to get water and when I came back up the computer was on a blue screen forgot what it said but basically it said "there's something wrong" so then my computer just shuts off for 5 seconds and turns back on asking me if I want to start windows normally or if I want to use startup repair so not knowing what startup repair was I pushed start normally then 5 minutes later it brings me back to thy screen and so I did that for about 20 more minutes hoping a change and when it didn't I just chose startup repair and it's been on the startup repair loading screen where it says "attempting repairs" for about 52 hours (it's been on the charger) and I don't know what to do I've tried everything I know how to do and none of it's worked does anyone know what to do????? (I have a toshiba qosmio and the serial number is 6B367219K)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you use an actual W7 Installation DVD and try System Repair from that. If you do not have a DVD then you can use another computer to download and burn one to a blank DVD.

Be sure to get the same version (Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate) and bit-size (x64 = 64-bit, x86 = 32-bit) as your current install. Link to W7 SP1-U.

Then install the DVD on the problem computer and boot to it. At the Installation screen choose System Repair.

It is possible your hard drive could be going bad, in which case this won't fix the problem, but you won't know until you try. It's also possible you have some sort of virus, although from what you said you were doing at the time, that seems somewhat unlikely.

Ask a Question