Startup Problems

Reaction score
The last couple of days Win7 won't startup normally, only in save mode.
I have done a repair, but this haven't helped either.
I have tried to save my mail, but it seems that this has a different structure from Outlook Express XP.
So I have the following questions:
- is it still possible to repair Win7
- how can I make a backup of my mail in the save mode.

I hope my english is well enough to read because I am from Holland.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Rob, your English is great :)

Did you try a system restore to see if you can roll back a few days to when it was working?

You can also try a startup repair and see if anything is detected : https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-startup-repair-t441.html

With regards to the mail backup, which mail application are you using?

Reaction score
yesterday, also the safe mode wo'n't startup either.
The HD is now very corrupted, every time at startup of W7 there was a 5 pass HD check, then W7 started up and gave a blue screen with in fo for a few seconds.
So this morning I have taken another HD and haved installed W7 again.
And also again Kaspersky, Windows Live mail and still to do some other stuf like Office.
I had made in the save mode, when I was lucky to start this at friday, an export of my messages, but I haven't found yet the import function.
So W7 is now up and running again at a better HD, I hope.

Reaction score
Got to echo Ian on that the windows 7 roll back works super-fine . Just insert your windows7 installation disk and go throught the initial stages of installation till you get to the actual install part and select repair . Then rollback to a time prior to your problems.

Ask a Question