Start Button -> All Programs

Reaction score
After clicking on start button, one needs to click on 'All Programs'. Can the default be, click on the start button and have all programs show with a link to 'back'?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You can select the option "Open sub menus when I pause..etc. You will then only have to click the start orb and pause the mouse over the program menu will open "All Programs" The "back button will replace the "All Programs. But I don't know of a way to actually open the program menu from a click of the Start orb.
You could move a folder shortcut from the Programs to the desktop?

Reaction score
darn! I hate all these new features of the start menu. It was so elegent before.

Reaction score
Hi qdeath

I have found it to be easiest to lock the most used programs to the Super Bar and all other used programs to the Start Bar. It is not that bad using All Programs for hardly ever used applications.

Reaction score
I found a little program called CWSM that gives you the old fashioned start button look. It, still in beta, but seems to work fairly well. When you change to the old look, there is a button yo can click to go back to the new look. I don't remember where I got it, but a google search should turn it up.

Ask a Question