Starcraft 2 BSOD

Reaction score
I've seen so many of these posts but unfortunately I'm now a victim as well,
Motheboard is a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (SLI) , minidump attached if you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. See which Realtek lan number you have. If it's 8111, use the following link to update. If anything else, search the left side of the link for your number:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

RTL8111

---------

Uninstall Avira in safe mode with the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

---------

Update your old Razer driver:

Lycosa Lycosa.sys Fri Jan 18 03:51:42 2008

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=77&pcid=0&nav=0

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, it reads RTL8168D/8111D, just confirming I would use the first link and grab the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver? Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hmm I installed the driver and restarted, but still got an intimidating blue screen, is this dump showing the same thing?

Reaction score
Most crash dumps don't specifically show the problem. Neither do yours. I do what I do based on experience and previous knowledge.

Realtek has been updated.

Avira has not been removed.

Lycosa driver from Razer has not been updated. That might not be your fault though. It could be Razer's problem, even in their newest driver. (They don't seem to be offereing any new driver, perhaps.)

---------

System is very likely crashing because of your Razer hardware and there isn't anything you can do about it unless you use something in it's place.

Of course, remove Avira as previously shown and install MSE.

-----

Would be simply good practice to update video card driver:

nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sat Apr 03 20:06:21 2010

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Last edited:
Reaction score
omg sorry to keep bugging you but this is driving me up the wall, I updated my gtx 260 driver, updated razer firmware and got rid of avira and installed MSE, is it still saying the same thing?? Arghhhh

Attachments

Reaction score
It's your DeathAdder causing the bsods.

dadder dadder.sys Mon Apr 19 05:04:42 2010

Razer is simply terrible with drivers. 100% suggest to replace the hardware as I have many times previously to others:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {fffff80012c1dd10, 2, 1, fffff80002bc2991}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\dadder.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dadder.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dadder.sys
Probably caused by : dadder.sys ( dadder+58d )

Followup: MachineOwner

Reaction score
It's your DeathAdder causing the bsods.

dadder dadder.sys Mon Apr 19 05:04:42 2010

Razer is simply terrible with drivers. 100% suggest to replace the hardware as I have many times previously to others:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {fffff80012c1dd10, 2, 1, fffff80002bc2991}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\dadder.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dadder.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dadder.sys
Probably caused by : dadder.sys ( dadder+58d )

Followup: MachineOwner
Torrent, thank you for all your help to this point. After updating my graphics card driver (which unforunately made my graphics for L4D2 stop working.. sigh Nvidia is killing me) and getting a Razer 3.0 driver sc2 worked flawlessly sinced we last spoke, but got this tonight. If you tell me this is razer again, it will go directly in the recycling bin or possibly the mail depending, on my mood with an angry note taped to it addressed to their head office explaining that it is the best mouse possible for sc2 and they should try it and all use one.

Thanks again Torrent.

Attachments

Reaction score
Very likely near 100% dadder.sys caused this bsod. It's the only suspect driver at all, based on the date:

dadder dadder.sys Thu Aug 02 05:33:03 2007

Reaction score
Very likely near 100% dadder.sys caused this bsod. It's the only suspect driver at all, based on the date:

dadder dadder.sys Thu Aug 02 05:33:03 2007
Hey Torrent, I ran a perfmon/report and it singled out my camera drivers, uninstalled and it works!!!! If you ever encoutner someone with similair problems maybe recomend a well.

Thanks

Reaction score
how interesting.
im running razer gear, and have no problems with SC2.

general question here though, im assuming that, for instance, you built 2 identical pcs, with the exact same hardware and software/firmware etc etc all the same -
you still wouldnt have identical machines? i.e. 1 could still have whatever problem but the other machine is still whistling away happily.

correct?

Ask a Question