I get BSOD after exiting Starcraft2 yesterday

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you help me? I got the BSOD when I exited SC2 yesterday. This already happened the 3rd time. This is a new laptop though. (AMD/ATI based gphx card).

I have attached the dump file found on my Minidump folder. I hope you guys can help me solve this problem.

Thanks,

Jovy

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys (not update, there's a choice while using):

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Install PowerISO to replace it. The disc emulation part of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

2) Uninstall the RealVNC software associated with this old driver to get rid of it:

vncmirror vncmirror.sys Fri Mar 14 13:43:05 2008

3) Reboot.

----------

Have fun and enjoy. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply TorrentG.

I will try what you posted. But is it really necessary to uninstall the RealVNC? It's because I need that program for my work.

Reaction score
Yes, you should find a comparable software that is Windows 7 compatible instead, with a recent driver.

Sure thing, you're welcome.

Reaction score
Oh I see.. Alright, I'll let you know if I encounter any more problems.

Reaction score
Why is it that a large percentage of Windows 7 BSODs are caused by or are related to Starcraft 2. What the hell did Blizzard put in that thing anyway?:lol:

Reaction score
Yes, that seems to be true. I suppose it's really good at finding machines' problems. heh heh

How is yours going now?

Reaction score
So far so good, it's running fine at the moment. When I set my RAM voltage to the gray (default) setting of 1.59v) instead of the BIOS optimal setting of 'auto' and as opposed to Kingston's recommended setting of 1.5v, my system seems to have stabilized. I can jump from game to game like Starcraft 2, Gears Of War and GTA 4 for hours without a single reboot and not a single BSOD. Seems as if Starcraft 2+Windows 7 is sensitive to the correct RAM voltage or maybe that my BIOS just sucks at auto-picking RAM voltage.

I also realized that a good number of my Starcraft 2-related BSODs are also due to the fact that I alt-tab a lot to see an instant message from YM or things like that so Mr. Jovy83 may want to look at that as well if he's an alt-tab kind of guy like me.

Oddly enough, my RAM's voltage in CPU-Z 64-bit has not changed even when I was experimenting with different voltages. It always displayed 1.50v no matter what.

Ask a Question