Stand Alone File Shredder?

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be free, just good software and compatible with 32 bit Windows 7.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good one. I had it on my XP laptops, it did a fine job of shredding unwanted or personal files. As I remember, it gave you the choice to shred from 3, 7, or 35 times (the Guttman method). You can destroy a lot of crap with that one. And also as recall, it protected important (OS) files, but if there's any doubt, do not proceed. This is a POTENT program that MUST be used with caution. Another program with a file shredder is CCleaner. I've been using it for 2 years. Every night, I delete all temp internet files with it. It has a lot of useful tools. I even use it on my new PC. It is a must for privacy. But it downloads with a lot of prechecked entries, and you need to be careful about what you delete. However, the File Shredder mentioned above should do the job for you well.

Ask a Question