Enabling Administrator Account By Standard Account

sap

Reaction score
Can any one give me answer of how Enable Administrator Account By Standard Account,

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You want to enable an Administrator account while logged in to a non-administrator account? The whole idea should be impossible! It would totally defeat the purpose of security if a person without administrator authorization could create an account which does have administrator rights.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Right! But not just for security - but to keep standard users from breaking the computer.

You can, however, log into an administrator account (with the proper credentials, of course) and change a Standard Account to an Administrator Account.

Reaction score
Some places I get into as administrator and other places say i need administrator privlages. what's going on? i am either an administrator of my computer or i'm not

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Wildray, Officially you are not the administrator under W7; by default the administrator account is hidden and owned by the OS, you merely have an account with administrator privileges. The important places such a \Windows, \Program Files, & \Program Files (x86) are owned by the hidden administrator account.

This is designed to help keep you from accidentally messing up the system. It also adds one more layer of protection when the UAC makes you confirm "yes I authorize this program to change my system" prior to it actually happening.

You can set the UAC settings lower but you take away that extra level of protection.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You may be looking for this, sap

There are a couple of ways to obtain a "Global" account
:
Open a command prompt(Run as Administrator.
Type the following command and enter.
net user administrator /active
Log out and see if you have a new alternative login, as well as your existing one. If not, do it the long way.
Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Log into windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following net user administrator /active
Log out and log back in as administrator.

Another way
Go to Start
Type Control UserPasswords2. (or Open the Start menu, and type lusrmgr.msc )
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and untick the the box “Administrator is disabled”
Now log out and login as Administrator.
The action leaves you a little more vulnerable to outside attack. Not a big issue if you are confident with your anti virus control etc.

Reaction score
I've tried the "Another way".
It does not work.
Upon entering either of the commands illustrated above (line 2, after "Another way") , neither command is recognised.

Ask a Question