SOLVED sound coming from both built-in speaker and headset

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No need to open up your case and take pics of the motherboard (remeber, this is a laptop, Coco). ;)

I'm not familiar with Conexant sound devices, but I'm sure you'll need to browse the audio options and look for a setting called "automatic headphone detection" or similar.

If you can't find the settings anywhere, you could try changing your drivers. HP have a driver section for your laptop here, but it doesn't have the latest Windows 7 drivers provided : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3252129&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&lang=&cc=us

I don't know if you have 32 or 64 bit installed, but you may have success updating to the Vista drivers provided on that download page. They are labelled as "Conexant High Definition Audio Driver". I suspect these will be older than the ones you already have via Windows update, but it could correct the headphone detection issue.

Reaction score
I had this issue with my note book when I first upgraded to Windows 7. It was fixed by installing right audio drivers for my sound device. Not sure what yours is, but you should be able to go to your manufactures website and locate them there. Googling your notebooks model for driver could prove useful.

Only download and install drivers from you manufactures website though.

Reaction score
hey guys, it worked. Ian's idea worked. I managed to do it.
guess the manufacturer's website thing worked right.

thanks Ian, Coco and Mattweed9. thanks a lot.

Ask a Question