SOLVED Sm Bus controller?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my computer has been bugging me for awhile now about it missing the sm bus controller driver but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can't even find a reliable site on google to download it from. Last time i went to my friends computer shop for upgrades he didn't even know what it was either so i'm wondering if anyone here knows? I'll post my specs below, all help is appreciated.

PSU: 800 watt
CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW LE
HDD: 1TB
MOBO: P8Z77-V LK

That's all the important stuff anyway if anything else needs to be listed just ask!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can't seem to find ASUS drivers "by Select Model Manually" so you need to go to ASUS and try autodetect or enter the MOBO product serial #.

Then, If you can get me a link to the specific list of drivers for your MOBO then I can narrow down which one is likely the SM Bus

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, not sure what I was doing wrong.

As Ian said it would be the chipset drivers.

It would be one of the following two drivers and it won't hurt you to install both; just don't use the old version of the Management engine.
seaswirl.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad we could help seaswirl :).

Ask a Question