SM Bus Controller

Reaction score
The driver for this device is not installed !!!

i have an HP Pavillion DV6-6100ee , AMD A6 with radeon hd graphics.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I couldn't find your specific model, likely because of your location. Look up HP Support for your country and under your computer model likely what you need is one of the"Host Controller" Drivers under "Driver - Chipset".

Reaction score
i've already done this HP suppprt of my country and have found all the related drivers to my HP model notebook , installed them all and nothing happen .
Still have the SM bus controller and 2 USB controller , drivers are not installed !!

actually my notebook comes with win7 home premium edition OS upgraded to win 7 pro . they have done the upgrade thing and i took it with these non installed drivers.

someone can help please ?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Home Premium 64-bit and Professional 64-bit would use the exact same drivers. That notebook is brand new and comes with W7 so it should be fully supported.

Contact HP support or return it where you bought it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I believe that would be an intel chipset. I posted this on a Vista forum donks ago. Just checked the links and it should work for you. Go here:

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm

If you have problems, extract the files into a folder of your choice. In the device manager, right click and , in properties select to update the driver - Browse my computer for driver software. ( put in the drive/folder name where you unzipped the file). If you have to do it this hard way, it may need a couple of installs/reboots for the driver to recognise the smbus

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Dave's link to a utility is definitely worth a try; hopefully that fixes it. But it would still bother me that HP (or the store, if they upgraded it to Pro) would sell you a brand new computer that doesn't have all the drivers installed; I would still be contacting them to "give them a piece of my mind".

Dave, what's a "donk"? The only Donk I know is in Crocodile Dundee II.

Reaction score
system doesn't meet the minimum requirement when installing the intel chipset driver installer, it is an exe file not a zip file.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sory, I don't understand. What message, or problem, did you get?

Reaction score
when installing the intel chipset device installer , i have this msg:

"the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirement for installing the software.
the setup will exit "

i dont think this is an intel chipset

Ask a Question