SOLVED Shutting down when afk/streaming

Reaction score
Twice in 3 days...once I was only streaming video to my ipad, the other time the computer was not being used. The first time led to a Steam error and corrupted something there so I had to redownload my relevant folders, but my gut tells me it was incidental.

I have done a memory test and the WDO, both which check out fine. Temperatures are always 33C at GPU and 30C at CPU or lower when idle.

Minidumps attached.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yes, I had already done the Windows Defender Offline (that's what I meant by WDO). I run Malwarebytes regularly.

Nothing on either. I was hoping someone could provide some feedback based on the minidumps...

Shintaro

Reaction score
Then can you explain what these files are:

a4yb006y.SYS Wed Jul 15 07:12:55 2009
a0bz8ok8.SYS Wed Jul 15 07:12:55 2009
With such strange names they would appear to be a virus and/or malware. A google search does not find anything.

You are also using AVG Antivirus software that appears to be very out-of-date.

avgidsdrivera.sys Fri Dec 23 23:05:21 2011

Reaction score
Those files are extremely old? Doesn't that suggest they are less likely related? I'm just guessing of course.

I swear I have run MB quick scan many times including just now and still nothing...I am running a full scan for fun now.

AVG - my definitions are updated daily...not sure about the file you're quoting. I will redownload the software and run a scan.

Thanks for now.

Reaction score
Damn. You were right.

Safe mode scanning so far has 1 object flagged in MBAM and several problems in AVG (but nothing in Kaspersky at least
:p)
4 generic Trojans, PSW.keylogger.axd, and luhe.sirefef.a.
I want to cry.
I am getting a lot of errors 0xe0010058 in various folders during the avg scan. Do I have to do anything about that?
Also should I be changing all passwords on every account?

Reaction score
It's hard to be sure because I ran AVG twice in a row in safe mode without knowing it overwrites the only log file instead of creating a new one. I wanted to see if it caught legitimate viruses or was assigning these names to the same false positives that MBAM found.
It's time I changed my passwords anyways so I'll do that for sure. Thanks very much for your help!

Reaction score
No, but it hadn't crashed recently either. I could speculate that my browser is operating faster now though, but it could just be paranoia. :p

Shintaro

Reaction score
Glad I was able to help.

It was probably a poorly written virus that was caught through your browser.

Ask a Question