Show 'Favorites' shortcuts under 'Libraries'?

pin

Reaction score
I'd really like to move the Downloads and Desktop, etc. shortcuts (under Favorites) to Libraries (next to Pictures, Documents, Music, Videos), without creating a new library and naming it Downloads.

This dA user (see link) has removed Favorites completely and created a new Libraries folder, so it's similar to what I wanna do except that I just want to use the existing Downloads folder seen under Favorites.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/170/6/d/Icons_Folder_dor_Win_7_Preview_by_Lexenx.png

Is there a way to move Downloads and Desktop without having to make new folders?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you aren't actually making a NEW folder, you would simply be creating a pointer under Libraries to the existing folder; it's not like your downloads data actually moves or anything. See HERE.

Desktop is the high-level above even libraries so I don't believe it's possible to remove or move it. (Though it's probably possibly to create a redundant Library that points to it, but I wouldn't)

To remove FAVORITES from Windows Explorer:
1. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{323CA680-C24D-4099-B94D-446DD2D7249E}\ShellFolder
2. Change permissions ...
- right-click on Shellfolder and pick Permissions
- hit the advanced button
- choose the owner tab
- select yourself or administrators, if you are a member of the administrators group, in the Change Owner to: box
- tick the check box for Replace Owner on Subcontainers and Objects and hit OK
-back in Permissions ALLOW access FULL CONTROL and hit OK
3. Set "Attributes"=DWORD:a9400100 (to restore it use: a0900100)

Ask a Question