Sent Items

Reaction score
Cannot see CURRENT "Sent Items"

CAN see "sent items" PRIOR to Outlook 2010 / Windows 7

Please help, feeling rather stupid :eek:

Reaction score
Have you messed around with any of the settings? Two quick options come to mind. First you could do a system restore to an earlier date before you noticed problem. Second would be to un-install MS Office and re-install.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find it appears you are not alone.

There is a setting to "save sent messages to send folder" that you need checked but some have stated they do have that on and they still disappear.

Another person said they used the Repair feature on the Office DVD and it fixed the problem (you should be able to initiate this from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features as well though it will still likely ask you to install the DVD)

Someone else said it seems to work for their pop3 accounts but not their imap accounts and the reply to that was that there is a different setting for imap accounts (example Google). If you have this type account then you likely need to have "sent items" enabled within the internet account and then set up outlook to point to that online sent folder. Source

Another person said "I am using Outlook 2010 in "Conversation View" which is great except for the fact that Sent Items do not show up in this view." and they came back and answered that "It turns out that you need to have your mail indexed via Instant Search for this feature to work. I had that feature turned on, but I did NOT have "Cached Exchange Mode" turned on, which meant my mail wasn't actually being indexed. Now that I have cached mode turned on, I can see my send items in my conversations" Source

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I can find it appears you are not alone.

There is a setting to "save sent messages to send folder" that you need checked but some have stated they do have that on and they still disappear.

Another person said they used the Repair feature on the Office DVD and it fixed the problem (you should be able to initiate this from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features as well though it will still likely ask you to install the DVD)

Someone else said it seems to work for their pop3 accounts but not their imap accounts and the reply to that was that there is a different setting for imap accounts (example Google). If you have this type account then you likely need to have "sent items" enabled within the internet account and then set up outlook to point to that online sent folder. Source

Another person said "I am using Outlook 2010 in "Conversation View" which is great except for the fact that Sent Items do not show up in this view." and they came back and answered that "It turns out that you need to have your mail indexed via Instant Search for this feature to work. I had that feature turned on, but I did NOT have "Cached Exchange Mode" turned on, which meant my mail wasn't actually being indexed. Now that I have cached mode turned on, I can see my send items in my conversations" Source
first of all, Many Thanx for all the info and suggestions :) I will certainly look once again at the settings, will try the Repair Feature on office dvd and the "cache exchange mode" . It may take me a while cause l am still learning about 2010 & windows 7 BUT l am determined to get there :)

I am SO glad the subject of the 'imap' account was raised cause it would appear IMAP causes all sorts of problems compared to POP !

I will post again once l resolve this in the hope it will help others !

Ask a Question