Screensaver windows 7 doesn't come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just bought my computer Saturday, and my screensaver won't come on?

I see many others had this issue, however, their resolution was updated drivers for keyboard and mouse, mine updated with installation, and "gadgets" like radio stream causing activity, I don't have those issues, so how do I fix mine?

Reaction score
forum is worthless

Good to know this forum is no help at all, thanks for nuthin

Reaction score
Hello Bamasteel and welcome to Windows 7 forums. Please allow some time to reply to your post.. In windows you have to set your screen saver. to find it easy right click on desktop>click on personalize screen saver options are bottom right of the window that appears

Reaction score
Greetings ~

First of all Bamsteel.. Welcome to the forum .. and yes Mychael was correct .. try waiting a a bit for a response .. there are not many that are here 24/7 so please be patient..

As per Simons' response he is correct ....

Now my question is .. ( meant in what ever way you.. meaning all here ) why would you want a screen saver to begin with ?? unless you have an older monitor (CRT) .. there is really no reason for a screen saver .. unless of course you like the animations..then that is your choice .

The newer types of monitors don't suffer from "burn in" if that is what you are concerned about.

But in all seriousness .. there is no reason to have a screen saver .... they have a tendency ( especially if they are from a 3rd party vendor ) to take up quite a few resources .. and they have an tendency to install mal/spy ware in them ..

The "standard" windows screen savers .. from testing personally don't have that .

Not meaning to be a jerk about it .. but why have something that is not needed..

Just my thoughts,
~LoneWolf

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
bamasteel, welcome to the forum! As it has already been pointed out, we can't sit here 24/7 watching this forum. There are some threads started that doesn't get a single answer (look under quick links, then "unanswered posts"). Not that we don't want to answer them, we either just don't know it all, or not enough info was given to start with.

As to your screen saver, the answer should be simple, just turn it on. If your computer is new, and it doesn't work, then it may be an issue with the hardware/OS, you may want to consider returning it for an exchange. New equipment is just "supposed to work"

I've seen way too many threads started, especially when Win 7 was released, where many computers were "freezing", or something didn't work. My simple answer to these users is to carry it back. The OEM/retailer is obligated by law to support you, and if it was bought with a credit card, you have additional rights.

Cat

Reaction score
I had the same problem problem with the screensaver not working. The reason for this I think is that something is running in the background which stops the screensaver coming on. The way I fixed this was to install PARETOLOGIC software. I ran the program and found that I had a number of registry and driver errors. I think it is the drivers which were fixed which helped the screensaver to work.

I recommend Paretologic software. In no way do I work for them but only recommend the software which fixed the problems I had.

Nevica

Reaction score
Noticed in 3 separate posts you've recommended Paretologic. Great if it's worked for you but a google search shows up lots of postings about issues with using it.

Reaction score
OK, fair enough. What are the issues? Its worked perfectly for me!!

Nevica

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Paretologic is not the best by any means. If it works for you fine! But Google it and you'll see what Mychael is talking about.

NO software is the universal cure-all or panacea... well except maybe PerfectDisk!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I can only say as far as Paretologic software, it came pre-loaded on a XP based notebook that I bought. And that it was useless. The seller installed it to clean the registry & update the drivers, it ran like crap.

Luckily for me, I had the same notebook once before (Latitude C640), and still had, even today, the proper Dell driver disc for this computer, along with reinstall discs for both Win 2K & XP Pro SP2. It took me a day, afterwards I was happily dual booting both on it's 40GB drive.

As to why Paretologic software was installed on it, only to screw it up, by a Microsoft authorized refurbisher, I cannot say. I can say that my experience with the software was crap.

Cat

Reaction score
So there is no cure for this problem .Here it doent start either way ,and yes , its turned on and i can check the animation with preview option but it doesn start as its needed .Also XP used to switch off the monitor while it stayed idle for 20 mins , now it doesn in Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question