SOLVED Screensaver Pictures

Reaction score
The default screensaver pictures in Windows 7 are awesome. Anybody know if there is a list of what the pictures are of? Microsoft should have put a small description on every pic.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
USA.jpg
Do you mean these pictures?

It actually depends what country you are in as to which pictures you see. The pictures above are all from places in the USA but I don't know where you can find a list of where in the USA they were taken. I do know picture 5 is of the Delicate Arch in Utah's Aches National Park.

Australia, Canada, Great Britain, South Africa all have a set of pictures taken in their country. You can unlock them so you can use them yourself if you wish. See how HERE.

And many other themes are also available for download. See HERE.

Reaction score
I have the "Microsoft Signature" theme loaded. The pictures are from all over the world. I recognized Rio De Janeiro and a few others but would like to know where the other cities or landmarks are located geographically. I'm surprised that MS doesn't have a legend at a corner of every picture.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Actually I just figured out you can look at the pictures Properties and under the Details tab read the title, sometimes there is good info there.

To find your downloaded themes and it's pictures put ...
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
... into Windows Explorers' address bar

Then see if there is a descriptive title on the photos in that themepack.

Ask a Question