SOLVED Screen goes back to desktop

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am new to the forum and would appreciate being allowed to ask a question about Windows 7.

Due to a shoulder injury, I cannot have my mouse pad beside my keyboard. I have to place it in front of the keyboard. When I need to type, I normally just slide the mouse aside to keep it out of the way while I access the keyboard. That, of course, moves the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, also. That has not been a problem on Windows XP. However, on Windows 7, moving the cursor to the edge of the screen causes the monitor display to return to the desktop. This is very annoying since the nature of my work makes it necessary to switch from mouse to keyboard frequently. Can someone elighten me on how to fix that?

Thank you!

mecs

Reaction score
Oops! Never Mind!

Good afternoon. I am new to the forum and would appreciate being allowed to ask a question about Windows 7.

Due to a shoulder injury, I cannot have my mouse pad beside my keyboard. I have to place it in front of the keyboard. When I need to type, I normally just slide the mouse aside to keep it out of the way while I access the keyboard. That, of course, moves the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, also. That has not been a problem on Windows XP. However, on Windows 7, moving the cursor to the edge of the screen causes the monitor display to return to the desktop. This is very annoying since the nature of my work makes it necessary to switch from mouse to keyboard frequently. Can someone elighten me on how to fix that?

Thank you!

mecs
Never mind, folks. I just watched closely where my mouse cursor goes every time I slide my mouse aside. It lands directly on the little "show desktop" icon in the lower right corner. I'm batting 1000 on sliding that mouse! It never misses that icon! So, it's time to move the mouse in a different way and that problem will be solved. (wish they were all that easy)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you mouse over to that corner and right-click you can unselect "Peek at desktop". If you do that then it will only show the desktop when you left-click on that spot, not when you hover.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Reaction score
in window 7 there is go to desktop button on the bottom right
just keep mouse away from that

Reaction score
If you mouse over to that corner and right-click you can unselect "Peek at desktop". If you do that then it will only show the desktop when you left-click on that spot, not when you hover.
in window 7 there is go to desktop button on the bottom right
just keep mouse away from that
If you guys read what TM posted, you can turn off that feature. Making it where you would actually have to click the bottom right box in order to show the desktop. The mouse over event would be disabled.

Reaction score
If you guys read what TM posted, you can turn off that feature. Making it where you would actually have to click the bottom right box in order to show the desktop. The mouse over event would be disabled.
Absolutely right, Clifford. I've done that now. Thanks for the response.

mecs

Ask a Question