saving download to a particular directory

Reaction score
Can one please inform me as how to save a download to a particular directory in Windows 7

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
IE8 always asks where to store downloads

Firefox can be set to use a default directory or to ask you. Go to Tools ... Options ... General TAB. Choose "Save To" and set a folder or choose "Always Ask".

If you mean from a different browser let us know and maybe somebody can help.

Reaction score
saving download to a different directory

I'm sorry - I meant to mention the Google Chrome Browser was the one in question. If someone has got the proper instructions, please let me know.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank you Trainable man for your pointer(s). I suppose this should be put to a thread, but obviously you've got a good reason (or two) to get rid of Chrome. Let me know why. If you suggest a different thread ................

Oh, by the way, the instructions given in the site you gave is why I came here. Those instructions mention "downloads" in the "Under the Hood" ... the problem with that is, there is nothing about "Downloads" in that section. I'm wondering what particular version of Chrome that was written for?

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Click the spanner icon(upper-right corner of the toolbar )
Select Options.

Select the Under the Hood tab. In the Download location section.
Click the Browse button and find your download directory.
You can also check the Ask where to save each file before downloading box.
Close button.

Reaction score
Good grief, there's a Scroll Bar in that there section. Why should I have seen that before?

Thank you for your help. As to why Google Chrome should be removed from the Hard Drive, is that another story?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've never used/tried Chrome ... I'm anti-Google itself. I don't use their search engine by default, just never have. But I suppose you telling me their own help pages are wrong for Chrome is another good reason. So if you scroll is the TAB there?

I was mainly joking, you should use whatever you like.

This site shows that tab too ...
http://lifehacker.com/5045904/the-power-users-guide-to-google-chrome

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you again for the reply. Yea, the tab was there - the problem was of course with the fellow that was looking at it. I'm trying Chrome. It's like Opera in some sense since it's fast when one backs up or goes forward in a page. I'll see how it goes after a few days.

Ask a Question